Thursday, May 10, 2012

Life Force changing lives!

As a member of the Scholarship Committee for the Women's Group, I have been reading the 22 applications that we received this year. As an "older" member of our Catholic Community, I have not been involved, nor even thought about too much, our youth activities for our kids. However, after reading and digesting these essays, I am struck by what Good Shepherd Youth Programs are doing for the kids. Wednesday Night Live has obviously made a huge impression on our youth. It is not just a "get together" with friends and peers weekly to these teens...it is a life force which has changed all of them. The Confirmation Retreat seems to have brought unknown rewards to the students, both in their faith, their goals, and in their relationship with God...and others.
In our secular world, when the news is full of sad stories, it is so great to know that "my church" and "my priest" saw the value of youth activities in the parish. I wish my daughters had had the guidance of  Mark, and the response of Father Richard, when they were teens, facing their Catholic Faith head on.
~Cathy L

No comments:

Post a Comment