Friday, June 1, 2012


Saturday evening at the Baccalaureate Mass Good Shepherd was pleased to announce the 10 recipients of both the Women’s Group Scholarships and the Kathy Albert Memorial Scholarships.  Here is a small snippet from Taylor’s Scholarship application for the Kathy Albert Memorial Scholarship…
“In the fall, I plan to attend Oklahoma State University to earn a degree in Education.  This part of my scholarship application is bittersweet.  You see, I had a third grade teacher that made a huge impact on my life.  As I sat in her class, she reminded me of my own mom and gave me a sense of security. She was firm, patient, kind, encouraging and most of all loving. She expected the best out of all of us. She exemplified everything that made me feel secure, safe and now in hindsight, all that I would like to be.  The greatest blessing is that this teacher and I also shared the same Catholic Faith, so I felt an extra special connection with her. She was and remains to this day, a big part of my life.  Her name was Kathy Albert.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment