Thursday, August 16, 2012

"God Moves in a Mysterious Way"


I have said this a million times thinking it was scripture. Surprise! It’s not. While this is not scripture it is a paraphrase that says a lot about living with a person like my son Dan, who has special needs. Everyday the Holy Spirit is revealed to us in mysterious ways; like when my husband, Bill, at our first Samuel Ministry meeting, was so moved that he said he felt it was time for Dan to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation; or when my prayers were answered and Terrie, Ronda and Barbara started the Samuel Ministry.
Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me, and I will answer you; I will tell you things great beyond reach of your knowledge.

Bill laughingly said Dan couldn't be filled with anymore "Holy Spirit". Father Richard asked us if Dan knew if he would be receiving the Holy Spirit. Dan is non-verbal so we responded for him; "Yes he can." and "Yes he does." We eagerly waited for Dan's turn to go down the aisle to Bishop Kevin Vann. Dan looked at me and tried to explain to me in his excitement that something wonderful was going to happen and "Yes" he was ready to receive more, and all, of the Holy Spirit.
My wish, with the help of the Samuel Ministry, is for all of our children to be able to fully participate in the Sacraments and never deny that God moves in mysterious ways.

Colossians 2:2,3   That their hearts may be encouraged as they are brought together in love; to have the richness of the fully assured understanding, for the knowledge of the mystery of God, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Thank you to everyone involved with the beautiful day of Dan’s Confirmation; Mark, Sarah, Barbara and the wonderful choir. Thank you also to Terrie and Ronda who give of their time so unselfishly.  -Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment