Thursday, December 12, 2013


What Was Your Response When You Heard Pope Francis Was Named TIME Magazine’s Person of the Year?


We posed the above question to members of our parish and these are the responses that we received. 

Knowing that this holy man can change the face of the Catholic Church by resetting its priorities, is very reassuring to me.  But to see that he can also inspire hope in the secular arena, and perhaps have universal impact with his grand vision rooted in Christ's message, is truly a reason for all to rejoice!  Cyndy G

I saw it first thing this morning and thought, “That’s our Papa!! Who DOESN’T love this guy?” I am so excited that Pope Francis is able to show the world the gift of joy and hope that is found in all that we believe!   Mary C

I am beyond excited to learn that Pope Francis was selected as Time Magazine's Person of the Year. My first thought upon hearing this news was that of hope! I am hopeful for our world to know that he was chosen. What a great example the Catholic Church is to the rest of the world!  Lauren

My first thought was how wonderful it feels to have The Church portrayed positively in mainstream media again because of Pope Francis. I then contacted the marketing department at the yearbook publisher I work for and made sure it would be included in our "Year in Review" magazine supplement that goes in almost all of our school's yearbooks across the nation.   Lisa L

I've been getting calls from my Protestant friends that think it's awesome.  They feel that his incredibly humble nature will continue to strengthen all Christians.  His real life examples of Peace & Love continue his daily messages to the world. Jim C

My first thought was, "Wonderful! Terrific!" My second was, "Thank God they didn't pick another person they considered - Miley Cyrus."  David H

I felt my shoulders relax, oddly enough, and thought "it's about time". I have so many friends who are non-Catholic that have said they think he's "the man" - just a truly amazing person who actually lives like Jesus wants us to live. Jacque O

His life as a Christian exemplar merited the recognition! I fear, however, it reflects how many people want him to change the principles of the staid old Church.  Lee M

Pride! Many non-Catholic friends have shared wonderful comments on his actions and efforts for all Christians.  Sharron M

Pope Francis is reenergizing the Church through his humble life style and the way he reaches out to all people.  Through his down to earth communication and joyful demeanor, he makes Christ present to all that see him.  Mark P

To read about TIME’s choice, click this link

To hear Cardinal Dolan’s Response in his podcast on Catholic Radio

To read Father Robert Barron’s Response

No comments:

Post a Comment