Thursday, January 12, 2012

Middle School Lock-In


Crossroads Lock-In Grades 6-8
January 7, 2012
During the CROSSROADS lock-in I had an AMAZING time.  It looked like everyone was having fun socializing and growing in their Christian faith.   We did some Q&A with Father Richard and it enlightened me to know that I knew a lot of the answers... :)  I love learning more about Jesus, Mary and our Catholic beliefs.  I thoroughly enjoyed the rhyming we did to memorize the books of the Bible.  I came home and tried to teach them to my little brother and mother.

In my opinion, we should do this more frequently.  It encourages us to grow in our faith, and as Father Richard told us that night - to ALWAYS be learning about it.  The rhyming and the songs really help us learn effortlessly.  Most teens LOVE music, so it makes it FUN! I appreciate everything from that night - I had FUN!  - Hannah 8th Grader

A Parent's Perspective:
The Lock-In left an impact on me, as an adult. As a cradle Catholic, it has been so refreshing to see how the youth program is teaching our children to grow in their faith. I think Larry West is combining our beautiful old traditions with modern progressive thinking perfectly. The question and answer session with Father Richard was riveting, I could have listened to him all night. When I picked up my son following adoration, he was so calm and loving. There was no doubt he was filled with the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment