Thursday, July 19, 2012

DCYC was AMAZING!

This past weekend, 52 students and adults from Good Shepherd attended the Diocesan Catholic Youth Conference DCYC.  After the weekend, the students were asked to reflect on three questions:

·         How did you fill before the weekend?

·         How did you fill after the weekend?

·         What part of the weekend makes you want to go back?

Read their amazing responses!

Desiree-

·       Before the weekend I felt:  so excited! I knew it would be a great fun and spiritually filled weekend!:D this was my 3rd year. I was too excited that I couldn't sleep the day before; Knowing that there is going to be singing and dancing just for the Lord!!

·       After the weekend I felt: soooo HOT!;) because last weekend... The speakers talked about their lives and how they were changed by God. The music we sang, helped me sing out loud even though I don't have such a great voice! And all the amazing dances and hand gestures we did to praise the Lord. Those all helped IGNITE my heart. It made me feel so much closer to the Lord!

·       The part of the weekend that makes me want to go back is: making new friends, the dance on Saturday night, the cool workshops, praising and worshiping the lord through the songs, and dancing the Catholic dance!! I also loved the feel of the soft beds and pillows. The speakers were also very inspirational!!!:) I remember thinking next year I should invite: some of my friends that love the Lord! And r interested to give up their weekend just to praise Him!  

Niccolo-

·       Before the weekend I felt: great but I also felt like I was missing something. A little more connection with God maybe?

·       After the weekend I felt: ON FIRE! Awesome and more connected with God like He is my best friend.

·       The part of the weekend that makes me want to go back is: The Key Note speakers were awesome, funny, but they send out a clear message. DJ Bill Lage is just as awesome and the music he plays is great! ~Niccolo

Ashton-

·       Before the weekend I felt: I felt that I had a great connection with Christ during Mass and WNL, but that connection seemed to slip away a little once I left church.

·        After the weekend I felt: I now feel that I have so many other Catholic youth to draw support from. I am so pumped to go out and spread the word of Christ because I learned the most from kids just like me while I was at DCYC.

·       The part of the weekend that makes me want to go back is: Everything! All I can remember thinking while I was at the convention is that I never wanted to leave. The speakers, friends, crazy dances, and everything in between were incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment