Thursday, January 31, 2013

Let Go...and Let God!


How do I adequately explain what CRHP is and what it has begun to do in my life in a short 2 weeks? Especially expected to keep the CRHP secrets…

Growing up in my Oklahoma hometown in a family that wasn’t predictable often gave me anxieties about the lack of stability. My grandparents were the constant I needed and helped to provide a Christian base for me. When I left that hometown in search of a life, I landed in Norman, OK. Home of the Oklahoma Sooners. I was where I was supposed to be.

College life was great and throughout I began to see that as a growing adult, life wasn’t always predictable. As sheltered as my grandparents tried to be with me and as steady as their love was, there came a point where naturally life takes control and protection isn’t something a parent or grandparent can do much of. I; however; graduated successfully with an Early Childhood Education degree and decided to plant some roots in my new great state of Texas. Yes, there were a lot of Longhorns around (both mammals and fans), but I had decided to allow my love with my now husband to grow and start a family.

As any family, we all have our highest of highs and lowest of lows. And in those lowest of lows, we all feel alone. As if we are quite possibly the only people suffering and having such lows. It’s easy to see that life can temporarily lose meaning and ordinary things become meaningless. I had definitely reached this point in the last couple of years and have often had a difficult time of getting back to the meaning of life. The pizzazz it once held and the hopefulness that used to fill my heart.

Back in January of 2012, I began to hear more about CRHP and that women and men were experiencing such wonderful things that could only come from committing some time with God. I knew it was such a sacrifice to shut off the busyness of life and truly commit that time to God, allowing Him to fill our lives with that meaning again, that pizzazz and hopefulness that had been lost.

Fast forward to January 2013, I knew it was time. There was a pulling on my heart that said, “Channan, it’s time to heal. It’s time to Let go….and Let God.”

As I arrived bright and early for my CRHP retreat on Saturday morning and after dragging my feet out the door to kiss my children a million times, I felt such a rush of excitement for what was to come. I immediately knew I was in good hands and felt the presence of God.

Without going into too much detail, the weekend was filled with testimonies on God’s love and faith in Him. I was shown that not only am I not alone, but I am in great company with any of the lost hope I have often felt. I was shown that in the darkest times, that God’s strong arms are the one’s carrying us to a safe refuge where hope and times of healing begin.

As I sat at a table of women whom I didn’t even know, I felt such love for them. They each had a story. Every woman, every man, every child has a story. I now look into the faces of complete strangers and have such a strong compassion for each person, not knowing their story, but sure there is one to be told.

Throughout the weekend, the love from the women, the faith that was shared, I felt us all being held by God. The times we are not able to carry ourselves any longer, He does. And I am so incredibly grateful for that. This retreat taught me the undying love of our Savior. The times I felt alone and defeated, I wasn’t. He was there, holding out His hand and waiting for me to take hold so He could lift my heavy burdens. That CRHP weekend allowed me to surrender some of my most heightened anxieties which I obsessively pray for numerous times a day. It was a moment that I recognized these anxieties further and literally handed them over to Him. It was the first time in my life I truly felt I was able to be delivered from the heavy lifting and trust in what was ahead. The very first time I have Let Go…and Let God.

I highly encourage each of you that reads this, if you haven’t already, please sign up for a CRHP retreat should you feel called to do so. It truly is life changing and I promise, you won’t regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment